BoxA from HMGB1, human & mouse (2.5 mg) [HM-014]
BoxA is one of the highly conserved DNA binding domains of HMGB1 protein (HMG boxes), and inhibits HMGB1 effects in vivo.
The BoxA we provide has no difference from the sequence of the human or mouse HMGB1, and as a self-antigen elicits very low immunological responses. If you need large amounts of BoxA for preclinical studies, please enquire for special prices at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Large amounts of BoxA can also be provided on a collaborative basis.
BoxA protects against sepsis in a mouse peritonitis model (Yang et al. Reversing established sepsis with antagonists of endogenous high-mobility group box 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2004, 101: 296-301), and from hepatitis in a mouse model of HBV infection (Sitia et al. Treatment with HMGB1 inhibitors diminishes CTL-induced liver disease in HBV transgenic mice. J Leukoc Biol 2007, 81:100-7).
Dendritic cells promote their own maturation and T cell proliferation, survival and Th1 differentiation by secreting HMGB1, and BoxA inhibits these activities (Dumitriu et al. Release of HMGB1 by dendritic cells controls T cell activation via the receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE). J Immunol 2005, 174:7506-15).
BoxA also inhibits the chemotactic activity of HMGB1 and the mitogenic activity of HMGB1 on stem cells.
BoxA from HMGB1 is produced in E.coli from an expression plasmid coding for the unmodified mammalian sequence, which is totally identical in human and mouse (Müller et al. Thermodynamics of HMGB1 interaction with duplex DNA. Biochemistry 2001, 40: 10254-61).
It has the sequence:
MGKGDPKKPR GKMSSYAFFV QTCREEHKKK HPDASVNFSE FSKKCSERWK TMSAKEKGKF EDMAKADKAR YEREMKTYIP PKGETKKKF
Molecular Mass: BoxA from HMGB1 consists of 89 amino acid and has a calculated molecular mass of approximately 10.4 kDa.
Purity: The purified protein is >98% homogeneous (electrophoresis and mass spectrometry).
Endotoxin Level: The purified protein is free from LPS (Cambrex Limulus Amoebocyte Assay QCL-1000, <0.4 ng LPS per mg protein).
Buffer: 50 mM HEPES-Na pH 7.9, 500 mM NaCl, 0.5 mM DTT.
Storage: the protein is shipped lyophilized. Once resuspended can be stored frozen at -20°C.
This product is intended for research only, and cannot be used on humans.
Publications where this product was used:
– Sitia et al. Treatment with HMGB1 inhibitors diminishes CTL-induced liver disease in HBV transgenic mice. J Leukoc Biol 2007, 81:100-7.
– Andrassy et al. High-mobility group box-1 in ischemia-reperfusion injury of the heart. Circulation 2008, 117:3216-26.
– Muhammad et al. The HMGB1 receptor RAGE mediates ischemic brain damage. J Neurosci 2008, 28:12023-31.
– Urbonaviciute et al. Induction of inflammatory and immune responses by HMGB1-nucleosome complexes: implications SLE. J Exp Med 2008, 205:3007-18.
– Maroso et al. Toll-like receptor 4 and high mobility group box-1 are involved in ictogenesis and can be targeted to reduce seizures. Nature Medicine 2010, 16:413-9.
Complete Name: BoxA from High Mobility Group 1
Other Names: A-Box HMGB1, Box-A from HMGB1, BoxA from High Mobility Group 1